Re Alsa, cx23885, PulseAudio and TVTime;

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Mon Aug 10 13:43:57 UTC 2009

Hi;

I have narrowed my ALSA/TVTime problem down to a fix being needed in the
cx23885 driver.

To quote from a response to a posting I made on Aug 04 to the ALSA
mailing list:

        "The PCIe bus allows devices to communicate with the computer,
        but not with each other.  For TV audio to be heard, some
        software has to record from the TV card and to play it back on
        the default sound card.

        Steven, what would be needed to add the missing audio recording
        support to the cx23885 driver?"

I filed a Fedora bug under the kernel, Bug #515740.  There didn't seem
to be a cx23885 component in the bug list. I haven't heard anything
further from either the Alsa users list or bugzilla.

Did I file Bug #515740 in the right place?
Are the ALSA maintainers the people responsible for sound drivers like
the cx23885?

Before I decide to just be patient, I want to make sure that my problem
has been brought to the attention of the right people.  I have come
across several people with the same problem.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3