F11: Installing F11 while running under F8/9/10?

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Mon Aug 10 16:45:13 UTC 2009

Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 09:22 -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
>
>> I have always booted from LiveCD and proceeded to
>> install Fx in this manner, but a question popped into
>> my mind asking if it is possible to install F11 while
>> running under say, F8/9/10?  Is this possible?
>>

> There's virtualisation, if you actually want to run the installer within
> a running OS.
Um, no, that is not what I wanted...
> But if you simply mean to keep your existing
> installation, and install another release separately, you can do that
> too.  Just have some spare space, and ensure that the new install is
> done into that space.  Multibooting..

Yes, this is what I wanted!

So simply install the LiveCD while running under F9. somehow
start it up, then follow "instructions" to install the F11 into the
correct partitions?  Is it that simple?  I have not done this before
so I wanted to be sure I get it right, otherwise I could potentially
lose my F9 and/or my drive!

Please advise?

Thanks!
Dan