Audacious play/stop/pause continuously while playing mp3 files...

Paul jpb at entel.ca
Thu Aug 13 19:52:52 UTC 2009

yordy wrote:
> My particular problem, when I said "it play/stop/pause continously", for example:
>
> If you add, or you have ten mp3 songs in Audacious playlist and you press Play in some track, Audacious start playing that song and with an interval of one or two seconds pause playing that song, and again, for an interval of one or two seconds continue playing the song, and again pause playing and again continue playing... If you press Stop and then press play again, the problem go off for that song, some times for the rest of  song of the list.
>
> That problem if not happen always, some times yes and some time no, for example, ten minutes ago I open Audacious and I have added 15 tracks, set it to play random and all go OK until now. But some times is insupportable listen music (mp3) with Audacious.
>
> I'm using Fedora 11 (audacious-1.5.1-9.fc11.i586, audacious-plugins-freeworld-mp3-1.5.1-2.fc11.i586) and Audacious output plugin is set to ALSA. Running Exaile for example, this problem is not present, but I don't know if the output plugin is alsa or another. I would try later to play some wma files with Audacious to see if the problem persist here.
>
> Greetings

Are you using audacious with pulseaudio?

You may need to go into the configuration files if so, here is a wiki on
a "Perfect Setup" for pulseaudio:
http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup

A lot you will not need, i.e.: The zeroconf/avahi section only applies
if you are doing networked audio, which most people don't do, they just
want this one machine to play media files. Note especially the
configuration details for Audacious, as it mentions stuttering problems.

--

- Paul