Local cache / 'repo' of updates and added RPM's

Jay Mistry jaylinux53 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 18:02:48 UTC 2009

I had to re-install Fedora 10 on a home desktop PC. In regard to this:

Is it possible to have a local cache/ "repository" of all
1) Updates (Critical, Security, Bug-fixes), and
2) Additional installed rpm's (that were installed through PackageKit), e.g.
Opera, Adobe Reader, etc.
so that I do not have to download all those again (800 MB + D/L)

This would be similar to the 'aptonCD' package in Ubuntu (
http://aptoncd.sourceforge.net/)

APTonCD is a tool with a graphical interface which allows you to create one
> or more CDs or DVDs (you choose the type of media) with all of the packages
> you've downloaded via APT-GET or APTITUDE, creating a removable repository
> that you can use on other computers.
> APTonCD will also allow you to automatically create media with all of your
> .deb packages located in one specific repository, so that you can install
> them into your computers without the need for an internet connection.

Thanks,

Jay

--
Fedora 10, Ubuntu 9.04  (i686)