Testing upload/download bandwidth speeds for verification

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 15 03:41:46 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 12:45 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> * You may be using your download link for several other things that
> you might not even be aware of, e.g. mail updating, browser page
> reloads, or even other parallel downloads (not forgetting other
> machines on your local net which share your ISP connection).

This is more important that people give it credit for.  You often want
to do more than one thing at once, even just browsing two websites at
the same time counts.

If you limit yourself, by buying a slow internet connection, you will
probably regret it when it comes to trying to do your own things while
the computer is downloading updates, and the like.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.