wireless problem

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Sat Aug 15 14:19:18 UTC 2009

> On Sat, 2009-08-15 at 19:35 +0530, sandeep Patel wrote:
>
>> I have installed FEDORA11 in laptop.i am not able to connect wi-fi in
>> laptop.how shall i do?
>> Any one help me.....
>>
> No-one can help you unless you give more information. What make and
> model of laptop do you have? Is Wifi built-in or do you have an external
> device (dongle)? What happens when you try to connect? Is your Wifi
> router properly configured (e.g. can you connect other devices to it)?
>
> It might also be relevant to state how you did the installation, e.g.
> from a Live CD (or USB), from a full install DVD, by upgrading an
> existing installation, etc.
>
> poc

Additionally, if you do an lspci (assuming a built-in wireless) you can
see what the chip is. Normally, many laptops with AMD processors use
some version of Broadcom, and you would need to obtain the firmware for
it, which is well documented. But, as Patrick mentioned, no one can help
you unless we know what wireless chip is in use on your laptop.
Additionally, the output of dmesg can also tell you something.
If you are sending this informaiton to the list, please paste only the
relevant lines, not the entire lspci and dmesg.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix