Running script after X starts

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Aug 15 22:47:07 UTC 2009

I disable the touchpad on my Thinkpad T43 by giving the command
	sudo synclient TouchpadOff=1
I've tried putting
	/usr/bin/synclient TouchpadOff=1
in /etc/rc.d/rc.local but this doesn't seem to work,
I assume because it is run before X starts.

I've also tried adding various lines in my "SynapticsTouchPad" stanza
in /etc/X11/xorg.conf , but none of these have had the desired effect.

How can one add a script to be run after X starts?
Or is there some other way of turning off my touchpad,
and using the pointer instead?

I'm running Fedora-11 + KDE.

--
Timothy Murphy