F11 iwlagn errors on Thinkpad W700

Ulrich Drepper drepper at redhat.com
Sun Aug 16 22:57:04 UTC 2009

On 08/16/2009 03:45 PM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> Since installing F11 on my Thinkpad W700 I've had a chronic problem with
> the wireless disconnecting after a random time interval. It was rock
> solid with F10.

I don't know exactly what chip the W700 has.  My 4965 uses the same
driver and has been acting up ever since F10.

Finally the upstream kernel seems to work.  There have been a few
crucial changes lately, especially a patch to prevent a race/corruption
which can throw the firmware off.

Try the rawhide kernel.  I'm using it with an F11 installation just fine
and iwlagn is finally solid again.