HDA Intel sound card problem

dariusz rojewski drojewski at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 12:39:25 UTC 2009

2009/8/18 Paulo Cavalcanti <promac at gmail.com>

>> The default alsa drivers version in f11 is 1.0.18.  The current version
>> is 1.0.20 and there are lots of intel-hda fixes in the update.  The
>> reason f11 is running the old version is because the kernel it is using
>> doesn't support the new drivers.
>

> What do you mean by that? I have been using driver 1.0.20
> since I installed F11, a long time ago. There is nothing in kernel 2.6.29
> that precludes its installation.

Thanks for your replies. unfortunately it still doesn't work. I tried
pulseaudio, the current alsa version with kernel-2.6.30, another backend and
some other fixes which were suggested by Google.
I'll have to propably listen my mp3 player or radio :) my laptop doesn't
want to cooperate with me.

--
darekr