How to wake?

Paul jpb at entel.ca
Tue Aug 18 21:47:09 UTC 2009

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> My Thinkpad T43 usually wakes from sleep (I assume Suspend to RAM)
> when I press the power button for a second.
> But sometimes it does not wake; all I can do is re-boot.
>
> I'm wondering what possible keys or combination of keys
> might do the trick in this case?

If it's still "alive", the universal "any" key should work (generally,
spacebar works fine too ;p). Otherwise it may be that something has
really crapped out. This could be anything from a NIC driver to an
application that doesn't like being suspended fouling up, or possibly
even going as deep as a chipset issue.

Unfortunately this may be the beginning of a long trial and error
session diagnosing what is responsible.

Cheers,

--

Paul