How Extract The Fedorecore iso cd

Jayakrishnan M jay.krishnanm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 05:42:51 UTC 2009

Hi Michael,
On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 7:07 AM, Michael
Wright<micktaywright at bigpond.com> wrote:
> I HAVE DOWNLOADED
> Fedora-11-i386-disc1.iso
> Fedora-11-i386-disc2.iso
> Fedora-11-i386-disc3.iso
> Fedora-11-i386-disc4.iso
> Fedora-11-i386-disc5.iso
> Fedora-11-i386-disc6.iso
> Fedora-11-i386-netinst.iso
>
> dO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE Fedora-11-i386-DVD.iso ??? WHEN I BURN THE CD HOW
> DO I DO A CHECKSUM

Checksum is calculated before burning the CD to make sure the
downloaded image is not corrupted. The checksum of all CD images are
given in the fedora website -
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/releases/11/Fedora/i386/iso/Fedora-11-i386-CHECKSUM
If you are using windows, you might need utilities to calculate sha256
sum. Get the tools from here
http://blog.nfllab.com/archives/152-Win32-native-md5sum,-sha1sum,-sha256sum-etc..html
For calculating the sum, follow the instructions here
http://www.labtestproject.com/using_windows/step_by_step_using_sha256sum_on_windows_xp.html

If the calculated sums are matching the ones given in fedora website,
the images are good and you can burn them to CDs using Nero.
I feel the netinst CD, Fedora-11-i386-netinst.iso, is not required in your case.

If you are downloading the DVD image, the CD images are not required.
You need to burn only the DVD in that case. The choice is either a DVD
or 6 CDs.

-Jayakrishnan