Touchpad on new MacBook Pro

Henrik Frisk frisk.h at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 08:26:27 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have a new MacBook Pro on which I have sucessfully installed Fedora 11.
For the most part it works really great but I have a problem with the touch
pad. On the new Macs the touch pad has an integrated button so, in Fedora,
the only way I can work it is to use clicking and dragging with the touch
pad rather than with the integrated button (otherwise, a click on the button
would first move the pointer and then click). This is all fine, except I
can't get the Mouse Preferences "Disable touch pad while typing" to work
with the result that I constantly happen to touch the touchpad while typing,
hence displacing the cursor. The touch pad is quite big so it easily
happens.

I would be greatful for any hints or suggestions.

/henrik