Thunderbird 3.0b3 IMAP IDLE

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Wed Aug 19 14:55:49 UTC 2009

On 08/19/2009 10:47 AM, Chris Bredesen wrote:
> List,
>
> IMAP IDLE seems to have quit working for me in beta 3. It's either not
> working or it stops working after a very short duration. Anyone else
> seeing strange behavior with IMAP servers?

I have a setup where several users watch the same IMAP mailbox. This
seems to be flaky on 3.0b3. Someone will move a message to a different
folder, but then the original message will re-appear in the original
folder later for no reason.

It used to work with previous versions.

Anyway, it's always hard to pin down IMAP problems, but something does
seem broken in TB with IMAP.

- Mike