dovecot error on FC11, anyone got a fix?

jack craig jackc at linuxlighthouse.com
Wed Aug 19 16:44:46 UTC 2009

HI Fedora Folks,

After my FC11 update, i started getting these errors. i am pretty sure they are SELinux related, but I am unclear on how to fix.

anyone got a clue to share?

thx, jackc...

   dovecot: Dovecot v1.2.0 starting up (core dumps disabled): 1 Time(s)
     dovecot: IMAP(mary): Corrupted index cache file/home/mary/mail/.imap/Kernel USB/dovecot.index.cache: record points outside file: 1 Time(s)
     dovecot: IMAP(mary): fchown() failed with file/home/mary/mail/.imap/INBOX/dovecot.index.cache.lock: Operation not permitted: 1 Time(s)
     dovecot: IMAP(mary): fchown() failed with file/home/mary/mail/.imap/INBOX/dovecot.index.log.newlock: Operation not permitted: 4 Time(s)
     dovecot: IMAP(mary): fchown() failed with file/home/mary/mail/.imap/INBOX/dovecot.index.tmp: Operation not permitted: 9 Time(s)

--
    jack craig
       mary at LinuxLightHouse.com