hplip

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Thu Aug 20 11:09:01 UTC 2009

Then, I am confuse.

Right now, rpm -q hplip and hpijs shwow that I did not install
hplip and hpijs

But I installed hplip from hplip-3.9.8.run, ie, that hplip and hpijs
are installed ?

So. I could remove the hplip-3.9.8, and install hpijs.rpm (fedora 11)
and it should work. But then if I install hplip-3.9.8, it will remove
the hpijs from fedora ?

Now, the question, is what is the difference between the
hpijs-3.9.2-4.fc11 and the hpijs.3.9.8 ?
By the way, I do understand that the blank pages are due to the ppd
file because it is OK for none postscript file.
Should I conclude that I need to use the ppd file coming with
hpihs-3.9.4-4 ? But this package does not seems to have a ppd
file for an HP-laserjet_P1005 ?

So, it looks like that I am stick with the HP distribution !!

Am I wrong ?

--
---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |
  York YO10 5DD  United Kingdom      |   |    email: pd520 at york.ac.uk