capital letters in firefox

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Aug 20 23:37:54 UTC 2009

Germán Racca wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 15:16 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
>
>> Actually, another good thing to try is to create a brand new
>> user with a brand new home directory and login as that user
>> and see if that user has the same problem. If not, then it
>> becomes a question of finding out what setting in your
>> own home directory is affecting the fonts.
>>

> Yes, very good advice Tom!
>
> Actually, this only happens in my home directory, because I created a
> new user and the behavior of fonts with firefox is normal.
>
> Now the task is to find out what the heck has changed in my home
> directory...

OK...  So now you know it isn't anything system wide.

I've not been really following this thread....  But what I would do,
after quitting firefox,  is move my ~/.mozilla directory to some place
else (mv ~/.mozilla ~/dot_mozilla, for example) and then restart firefox
wihich will create a new ~/.mozilla structure.

If that works, depending on how many changes I made, I may just
reinstall all my extensions and be done with it.

If that doesn't work try FF under gnome if I am a kde user or FF under
kde if I am a gnome user.  That would then tell you if the problem is
with a setting under .kde or .gnome2

--
The following statement is not true. The previous statement is true.
Mei-Mei.Greshko at greshko.com http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSz_koUhSg