Discussion -- perhaps a trollette -- re: upgrades !

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Aug 21 05:38:46 UTC 2009

Tim:
>> Do you *just* mean doing a "kernel upgrade" or do you mean an upgrade
>> and *using* the new kernel, too?

Dave Stevens:
> yes, both. Last reboot on the old serevr beside me was 148 days ago
> and three kernel updates that I recall.

Interesting!  I didn't know CentOS was able to do that, I'd only seen
discussions about how that sort of thing might be done in Linux, without
a reference to something that actually did it.

Is the feature standard, or requires special treatment?  I'm getting
close to setting up a new box with CentOS for the main server, and
wouldn't mind being able to do that.