`

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Aug 21 22:44:36 UTC 2009

Kevin Kempter wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> most of my clients use IM to communicate realtime, however I have one who uses
> their own IRC server. Is there a way I can setup KDE or a specific IRC chat
> tool to alert me with a desktop popup message whenever my name is used in an
> irc room?
>
> Currently I'm using Konversation and I have it set to "watch" for my username
> but I'm not getting any alerts

Chatzilla will turn the appropriate tab red when your name is taken in vain.
There are some rules controlling this, but pretty much for your use the server
tab will turn red. You can use "aggressive notification" option to get flash or
beep. Never tried running it under KDE.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>