Is RPMfusion on strike?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 04:12:26 UTC 2009

>On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 6:25 PM, <gilpel at altern.org> wrote:
> They weren't bad until now. For the last 3-4 kernel updates, which is the
> time I've been using them, updates came real fast. Then, with
> 2.6.29.6-217.2.7.fc11.x86_64, I decided to give akmod a try, and it was a
> complete failure. (Of course, that was with my video card, an Asus
> EN9400GT.)

Just an FYI, I searched the release notes from Nvidia[1] and it lists
two 9400 GT cards are supported. The device ID's are 0x042C & 0x0641.
You can try "lspci -nn | grep VGA" and see if your's is one of the
two. For instance, my output is:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation G70
[GeForce 7600 GT] [10de:0391] (rev a1)

Near the end, the 10de is the vendor code I believe and the second
have after the ":" is the device ID.

Also, I'm not sure what is going wrong with your akmod package but it
works like a charm for me. Do you have the kernel-devel package
installed for your current kernel? I can never remember if
kernel-headers is required too or not so I just install both.

Richard