Sound does not work

stan gryt2 at q.com
Sat Aug 22 22:35:02 UTC 2009

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 14:37:44 -0700 (PDT)
Adil Adil <adil.drissi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The sound does not work in my computer Packard Bell.
>
> I want to know if there is a way to overcome that.
>
> I have Fedora 10 installed.

There might be a way.  You don't provide enough information about your
sytem to offer help.  And there seems to be some hardware for which no
help exists (people can't get it working), no matter how much
information you provide.

First thing is to go here and run the script you find.  It will put a
file in /tmp/info-alsa.txt.  Read that to see if you can find anything
that appears incorrect.  You could ask it to upload somewhere and post
the link here as well so anyone wanting to help can see your sound
configuration.

http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-driver.git;a=blob_plain;f=utils/alsa-info.sh

If that doesn't help, describe what specifically you mean by sound not
working.  Which applications, under what circumstances, never any
sound, device not identified, etc.  Perhaps someone with your setup
will be able to help.

You could search the archives for this list at

http://gmane.org
or
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/

as your question is a common one and has been asked many times before.
Many of those people went away empty handed, but not all.