Pulseaudio config problem.

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat Aug 22 22:59:21 UTC 2009

Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> I have two pieces of audio hardware. How do I tell pulseaudio on Fedora 11
> which one to use? Does a config file exist for that purpose and how is its
> syntax?

There are both system wide and user preference settings. For user
preferences, I like to use pavucontrol (Applications --> Sound &
Video --> PulseAudio Volume Control). Pick the Playback tab. You
click on the down arrow for the device you want to change the output
for, pick Move Stream, and change the output channel.

The config files are in /etc/pulse and ~/.pules, but don't ask me to
explain the format...

Mikkel