Custom installation of Fedora

Markus Kesaromous remotestar at live.com
Sun Aug 23 00:15:42 UTC 2009

> Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 19:34:41 -0400
> From: tom.horsley at att.net
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Subject: Re: Custom installation of Fedora
>
> On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 16:13:28 -0700
> Markus Kesaromous wrote:
>
>> Is it too much to ask to add the Install Everything button for Fedora????
>
> Apparently yes: The word "everything" triggers some violent conditioned
> response in the anaconda developers for some reason. (Something
> like "Cleaning Lady" in Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid and the old vaudeville
> sketches it copied :-).
>
> I seem to recall we did once get them to concede that a button
> with a label something like:
>
> [Select all optional packages in all package groups]
>
> might be a reasonable addition, but I haven't seen even that
> button appear yet.
>
> Not to fear, however, there is a woefully underdocumented alternative:
>
> Click on just one package to get focus in the right window, then
> hit Ctrl-A - that will select everything in that group.
>
> Then right click the mouse and you'll get a popup menu with
> one option being "select all options packages".
>
> So rather than 10,000 mouse clicks, you only need a few 10s
> of mouse clicks. (And, of course, the omniscience to realize
> it is possible).
>
> If there is any way to get the popup menu via keyboard
> rather than mouse, I have thus far lacked the omniscience
> to discover it.
>
> --

Thank you Tom,
As I stated in my previous response to Bruno Wolf,  I would love to know of a way to do this to 20-30 systems per day via a kickstart server so I do not even have to interact with the machine other than boot it via the kickstart CD or floppy and let it rip ... I yet have to see a kickstart automatic menu that comes with each Fedora release to make this workable. A kickstart ISO image for installing all options for the release  would be great!

Cheers,

MK