GNOME startup, -before- desktop

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 00:47:55 UTC 2009

It doesn't help to be members of the group/GID.  I've definitely tried
that mount option.  Thank you for all of the GID hints, but as far as
I can tell, that's not enough here.

GNOME's trash functionality under FAT32, in particular, is based upon
the UID of the user that has currently mounted the drive.  It -must-
currently be remounted per user, as a limitation of the Nautilus trash
design.

It -is- true that for all other intents and purposes, GID works fine.
But it seems that some Nautilus functions really require the UID of
the user to be set, so GID alone won't cut it.

I am specifically trying to get GNOME to work.  Since I'm using this
partition to exchange data between Windows and Linux, it does have to
be FAT32.