Spell checking in vim

Marco Guazzone marco.guazzone at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 14:05:45 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Aaron Konstam<akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Seems more complicated than using aspell ot ispell on the vim file.
> --

Don't know what is *best.*.. But the ViM-way is good for me, ;)

With the key bindings above, I simply press F6 or F7 for the English
or Italian language respectively and then I'm able to check for
misspelled words on real-time (i.e., while I'm just typing them).
The spell checker remain active until you exit from ViM or disable
with the command given above

Instead, for using aspell/ispell I have to invoke it explicitly and it
does not work at real-time.
This is what made me move from ispell/aspell to ViM-spell :)

-- Marco