Custom installation of Fedora

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Sun Aug 23 23:28:13 UTC 2009

On 08/23/2009 06:50 PM, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 23 August 2009 00:13:28 Markus Kesaromous wrote:
>
>> During fedora install, if the user selects a customized  install rather
>> than the default, the user has to manually click on each and every app in
>> the selected group. This is horribly tedious. In the old RH releases, you
>> could just click on "Everything" button, and ALL of the rpms on the DVD
>> would get installed. Is it too much to ask to add the Install Everything
>> button for Fedora????
>>

> It was explained long ago that installing "everything" would throw up some
> serious conflicts/problems that would stop many thing working correctly.
>
> Anne

On the contrary, I enjoy going through all the options and selecting
only the ones I need.
Why would you want to select all the languages and other 'guff-stuff'
that would probably never be used, it's just clutter.
One of the beauties of Linux is that you get to install a minimalist
system. Yum update is then very fast. You then yum install tools as
needed. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Roger