Chinese input methods

Ding Yi Chen dchen at redhat.com
Mon Aug 24 03:13:54 UTC 2009

>Steve Underwood wrote:
>> On 08/22/2009 12:09 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>> Steve Underwood wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,

>>> I've not checked....but do you have scim-chewing installed? I thought
>>> that included jyutping....
>>>
>> I have chewing installed. That only gives you the Taiwanese input
>> scheme. Jyut ping was amongst the simple table inputs in SCIM. As far
>> as I can see only a few of those simple table input methods have been
>> carried across to ibus.
> Hummm.... I thought jyutping was geared towards Cantonese. When you
> say "Taiwanese" do you really mean "Traditional" as in Traditional
> Chinese Characters v.s. Simplified Chinese Characters?

chewing supports Zhuyin (bopomofo) but not jyutping.

The packing of ibus-table-jyutping is on the way, but if you don't want to wait,
you can either use gcin's jyutping input method ,
or use scim and install scim-table-chinese-extra.

Please make further IBus input method requests at:
http://code.google.com/p/ibus/issues/list

so we know what's missing. :-)

--
Ding-Yi Chen