ant access to PATH env variable on fedora 10 and 11

chris chriss mr.monkey9999 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 00:47:07 UTC 2009

I'm trying to append something to the PATH env variable in fedora 10 and
fedora 11. It doesn't seem to work. (Fedora 8 and 9 work as expected, as
well as ubuntu with the same versions of ant 1.7.1). My example below should
echo out the path with "/foo" at the beginning.  I don't believe it's a bug
with the version of ant, but how it's interacting with the FC10 and FC11
environment.   Not sure how to track this down.  Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Chris

<project name="test env" default="test" basedir=".">
 <property environment="env"/>

 <target name="test">
   <echo> env.PATH=${env.PATH} </echo>
   <exec dir="/" executable="bash" os="Linux" failonerror="true"
searchpath="true">
     <arg value="--login" />
     <arg value="-c"      />
     <env key="PATH" value="/foo:${env.PATH}"/>
     <arg value="echo $PATH" />
   </exec>
 </target>
</project>