Broken downloads of FC11-x86_64 and other disturbances

lists@funkster1 lists at funkster1.de
Wed Aug 26 09:10:08 UTC 2009

Hi all,
first time poster here.
I've been trying to download the DVD-ISO of FC11-x86_64 from diff.
mirors at least 3 or 4 times in tha last days, and each time the file
seems to be corrupt. md5sum doesn't match, and if I try to install
anyway it fails, of course.
So I downloaded the Live CD, and upon boot I get a 'Kernel panic -
vfs not syncing' or so.
I'm using a multiboot env., AMD X2 7750BE, ASRock AOD790GX/128 MB,
ATI HD4650, 4 GB OCR DDR2/PC1066 RAM, 5 SATA II HDD's.
Win XP Pro on sda1, AV-Linux (Multimedia distro) on sda2, and I'd like
to install FC11 on sda3. It doesn't matter if I download the files to
an ext3 partition or to a NTFS one. I even tried a net-install image,
since I have a 16 MBit/s downstream line. Still no luck, again a
kernel panic message.

I don't know what to try further, FC10 downloaded and installed just fine.
Should I dist-upgrade from FC10 maybe?

Please give me some advice if you can, and be gentle to me, I'm a rel.
*nix/FC noob.

TIA you good folks,

Raphael ;)
--
"A mind is like a parachute -

|- - - - - - - Frank Zappa - - - - - - -|