Broken downloads of FC11-x86_64 and other disturbances

lists@funkster1 lists at funkster1.de
Wed Aug 26 10:49:02 UTC 2009

Ed Greshko wrote:
> lists at funkster1 wrote:
>> Hi Ed,
>> unfortunately the disk check mechanism of the burnt media on boot also
>> fails.

> I've seen that fail too many times when media is burnt at a high speed....

I only burn at 4x max. for DVD media, and 8x max. for CD-Rom for exactly
these reasons.

>> I'm downloading with a FF addon called 'Down Them All', where you can
>> choose between md5, sha1/256/384/512 to compare/check directly before
>> downloading.
>> It already fails there most of the times. Normal or ftp download changes
>> nothing either. This is the first time I see something like this.
>>

> IMHO, I would just download via bittorrent...  Never had a problem with
> that...  I've no experience with your choice of FF addons.

Well, I'll try once again via bit-torrent and see how it goes.
If it fails once more, would a distro upgrade from fc10 to fc11 be
feasible/painless?

--
"A mind is like a parachute -

|- - - - - - - Frank Zappa - - - - - - -|