F-11 and F-12 on same machine?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed Aug 26 14:30:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:14:01 +0100
Timothy Murphy wrote:

> It seems to me that it shouldn't be too difficult
> for an "if F11 ... elsif F12" sequence to be included
> in files that might be affected.

That would be up to each of the individual 47,321 apps
that cram things in ~/ to do, and since only 0.001%
of linux developers think either forward or
backward compatibility is remotely useful, I doubt
it would ever happen :-).

Though if they did do it, I doubt it would be on
fedora version, but rather would make more sense to be
on a per-app version.

Actually, I think I've seen a few apps here and there
which stash their stuff in places like ~/.appv1.1 and
can move to ~/.appv1.2 when they go incompatible (if they
realize they did something incompatible - it isn't always
obvious).