yum update and windows missing title bar

Vijay Gill vijay.s.gill at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 20:28:57 UTC 2009

2009/8/26 Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko at gmail.com>

> Window manager failed? Maybe some the following could help:
>
> * log out and log back in
> * killall plasma & plasma &&
> * kwin --replace  (and look for any errors)
> * read /var/log/messages for any info from kwin
> * disable desktop effects
> * reboot the machine (there were a lot of updates for KDE, maybe something
> got
> messed up wrt already running apps?)
>
> Are you maybe using some other window manager? Compiz? WindowMaker?
> Something
> else?
>
> HTH, :-)
> Marko

Yes it is compiz failing. It complains about missing Xgl.

My xorg.conf is given at the end of this mail.

Vijay

# Xorg configuration created by livna-config-display

Section "Files"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option      "AIGLX" "on"