What is the plan for sound for F12 ?

Alan Evans ame.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 17:44:52 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Linuxguy123<linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Half the posts on this list are for sound issues.   Clearly whatever F11
> is using isn't working.   So what is the plan for F12 ?  When will the
> Fedora sound system be given an appropriate level of priority such that
> sound works at least as well as it did in F10 ?

Sorry, I haven't been following the various PulseAudio threads, but
has anyone suggested disabling the glitch-free feature in response to
some of these issues?

I had very serious problems (on only one of my installs) that were
related to this feature. Flash video on the web would freeze up, Totem
and Rhythmbox couldn't get through more than a minute or two of any
media file. It was very bad, and hard to pinpoint since the problems
didn't seem related to sound directly. The applications themselves
would lockup or go full-CPU and drag the entire system down. The only
real clue was some errors in /var/log/messages that seemed to
cryptically point to the audio drivers.

Much google searching on those messages lead me to glitch-free. I
don't recall where I found my answer, but it was much like the advice
at the bottom of this:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/GlitchFreeAudio

Follow the advice under "Release Notes" pertaining to "tsched=0" and
see if PulseAudio issues go away. It worked miracles for me.