HDA Intel sound card problem

Rodrigo Renault rodrigolrenault at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 19:23:31 UTC 2009

2009/8/27 dariusz rojewski <darekr at pld-linux.org>

> Hello, it's me again :)
>
> i don't remember if I reported that sound from headphones works when I
> added line: options snd-hda-intel model=dell-m6 to modprobe.d/dist.conf.
> it's so weird for me. any other hints? :)

I had sound problems too with the hda-intel module. In my case I'm using an
acer aspire 6935 and my sound card is the Realtek Alc889. To solve it I
compiled the latest alsa-driver 1.20 and the hda-verb-0.3 , after this I
added the line "options snd-hda-intel model=acer-aspire-8930g ( put your
model or a simmilar model here)" to my "/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf" and
the line "/usr/local/bin/hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 0×15 SET_EAPD_BTLENABLE 2"
to my "/etc/rc.local". Now my 5.1 channels are working good, not excelent
but much better than stereo.
Hope this help you.