Attaching FC11 to NetApp through Fiber

Philip Greer emittim3 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 19:27:00 UTC 2009

Has anyone gone through configuring FC11 to attach through QLogic
adapters to a NetApp filer over fiber channel? I think I have everything
in place:

* Qlogic drivers installed, modules load, /proc/scsi/ shows the qla2x*
directory and I see an entry for '0' and '1' which indicates the two
adapters (catting them shows the firmware version, etc.)
* Brocade switches are zoned correctly (I can see the WWNs for the ports
on the NetApp and the ports on the server
* On the NetApp the aggregate, volume and lun is created
* On the NetApp I have an initiator group with the WWNs of the adapters
in the FC11 server and the LUN has that initiator group assigned to it

I still can't see the lun from FC11. What else could I be missing?

Thanks,

--
Philip Greer

"Wine makes daily living easier, less hurried, with fewer tensions and more tolerance"
-Benjamin Franklin