add an extra ip address to fedora server (one net card)

Clint Dilks clintd at scms.waikato.ac.nz
Fri Aug 28 03:12:54 UTC 2009

online.service.com at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I like to add an extra ip address to my fedora server. But here is my
> ifcfg-eth0 file in under /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts directory
>
> DEVICE=eth0
> BOOTPROTO=dhcp
> TYPE=Ethernet
> ONBOOT=yes
>
> there is no IPADDR field. Where possibly i can find "IPADDR" gets defined?
>

> Thanks!
This indicates you are getting an address via DHCP.

In order to setup a second interface you can either use
system-config-network and look at setting up an alias. Or manually convert

//etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:0 and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:1 making sure that the files contain the information that you need.

The Link below seems to be a good example of what needs to be done.

http://www.xenocafe.com/tutorials/linux/redhat/bind_multiple_ip_addresses_to_single_nic/index.php

///