thunderbird master security device

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Fri Aug 28 09:57:32 UTC 2009

Hi!

I use F11 and thunderbird for my email. I haven't yum updated for a few
weeks and I got around to it last night.

The latest updates gave thunderbird a new look and feel, which is fine.

But t-bird is also prompting me for a master security device password in
addition to the normal email account passwords. This is definitely new
and I have never set it nor do I know what it is.

Is this an expected behavior? I am planning on going through the
preferences to checkout the new stuff later today.

Thanks,
John