Can we have different desktop backgrounds for different workspaces

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Fri Aug 28 19:13:13 UTC 2009

On Friday 28 August 2009 19:49:32 Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 28 August 2009, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> >On Fri, 28 Aug 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:
> >> Also, I sent another post with an easier way, but it never seems to have
> >> made it to the list (the same info did, in another list).  What it said
> >> was:
> >
> >It did.
> >
> >> Quicker way - and, I think, the way that I did it:
> >>
> >> http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/FAQ/4.3#How_can_I_use_virtual_desktops_as
> >>_ activities_.3F
>
> After messing with this, checking and unchecking and rechecking the
> options, I finally got it to show me a + in a magnifying glass icon, but
> only on the lower border of screen 0, the one I was on at the instant.
> This took it back to full screen per screen and I was able to set a
> different pix per screen then.

You should have the magnifying glass under each Activity.

> Now I have the cashew in the upper right corner of only the first 7 screens
> of 8, and a plasmoid launcher only on screen 0.

I've no idea why your cashew is missing - it's on every one here, although for
some reason, one of them is quite faint, while the others are bright.

> How can I restore that plasmoid to the other 7  screens, and restore the
> cashew to the 8th screen?

For each desktop, right-click and select Add Widgets.  Add the widgets
relevant to the activity you intend for that desktop.

Remember that your desktops now act independently.  You can have leisure-
related widgets on a different desktop from your work-related ones.

If that's not what you meant by 'plasmoid launcher', describe a bit more what
you want.

Anne