Yet another hack

gilpel at altern.org gilpel at altern.org
Sat Aug 29 11:40:21 UTC 2009

> On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 09:17:58 +0500 (GMT-5), gilpel at altern.org wrote:
>
>> Ok, I'm crazy, That's a given. When you're hacked, you're crazy.
>
> Do I understand you correctly? With the term "hacked", you claim
> that somebody has acquired unauthorized access to your machine?
> Instead of posting very confusing messages about icons,

When 6 icons disappear in one click, to me, it's not a confusing message:
there's something wrong.

> have you
> done anything to verify your installation (RPM, open ports, active
> services, for example)?

All I can say is I haven't changed any of these settings and my capacity
to do security audits is more than limited, mainly now that I'm on
antibiotics because of a weird summer flue. Since I have little data on my
computer, I would rather do a new clean install, which might happen when I
change ISP next month.