How to install Fedora-12?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 09:16:21 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 22:03 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I was just wondering if there was a way of installing from my USB
> stick, even if I had to copy vmlinuz and initrd to my hard disk first.

Installing the LiveCd version from a stick is simple. It's how I
originally got F11 onto my netbook. Updating to F12 from the full DVD
download (even copied to a stick) is a lot harder than it should be. I
know it can be done because several people have reported doing it, but
they all recommend slightly different and rather hacky methods.

Perhaps a full install or update from USB devices should be added as an
option in future releases as I'm sure it's going to become an
increasingly common requirement.

I finally just did preupgrade and it worked, touch wood, but that
depends on having a working system (and network) when you're doing it.

poc