How to install Fedora-12?

Mikkel mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Dec 1 14:21:17 UTC 2009

On 12/01/2009 07:16 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> But the question is: can one install from the stick in some way
> if the machine does _not_ support booting from it?
> The suggestion was that one should copy vmlinuz and initrd
> from the stick to the hard disk,
> and add a stanza to grub.conf to boot from this.
> My question is: would clicking on "Copy to hard disk" at that point
> look at the USB stick for the data to copy?

Something to think about - it is already using the USB stick as its
source. The file system that is on the stick is a compressed file
system, so it is already accessing it. When it does the copy to
disk, it is coping the expanded version of the file system, not the
compressed image. At that point, it does not care where the
compressed image is.

Mikkel