FC12 Clean Install - No Sound

Danny Yee danny at anatomy.usyd.edu.au
Wed Dec 2 06:01:51 UTC 2009

I've upgraded from F11 to F12 and sound has stopped working at all
(it only ever worked in one of Firefox/flash and VLC).

system-config-soundcard plays ok, lspci shows

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD Audio Controller

and aplay -l reports

card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC1200 Analog [ALC1200 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC1200 Digital [ALC1200 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

But pavucontrol and paman aren't seeing any output devices (other
than the dummy one).  Pulseaudio is running.

I'm guessing there's a trivial fix for this, but I can't find it.
Any pointers?

Danny.