packagegit authentication

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Dec 2 12:36:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 07:09 -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> I thought that a week ago packagegit was updated to require authentication
> before installing all packages, even signed ones. I just ran packagegit to
> install all current updates, and realized that it didn't prompt me for the
> root password. I want to change that.
>
> I can't find the "Security" tool in the administration menu which in
> previous versions of Fedora could be used to configure which actions require
> authentication. Where did that tool move to?
----
I think installing updates and installing previously uninstalled
packages are different things and packagekit will allow the former but
perhaps now, not the latter.

You might want to look at the release notes...
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f12/en-US/html/

specifically the 'Security' section where it talks about PolicyKit which
is what I think you are referring to and will give you some clues about
editing.

Craig

believed to be clean.