Anyone have Java working with Chromium

Deepak Bhole dbhole at redhat.com
Wed Dec 2 13:58:56 UTC 2009

* Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com> [2009-12-02 06:06]:
> I've been using the Chromium browser under F12 on my netbook for several
> days, and generally like it a lot (especially on the small screen). It's
> fast and doesn't eat RAM like Firefox.
>
> *But* Java sites don't work. This is a known bug with Linux versions of
> Chrome/Chromium but I wondered if anyone out there had managed to get it
> to work. I'm using IcedTea. Would it make a difference with Sun Java?
>
> poc

Hi Patrick,

The upstream Sun plugin does not support Chromium on Linux yet. The next
generation IcedTea Plugin does support chromium:

http://dbhole.wordpress.com/2009/08/26/icedtea-java-plugin-with-chromium-and-firefox-3-6a1/

Since it is still under development however, it is not in F12. You can
manually compile icedtea and get it though. I will try to set up a wiki
page by the end of the day with instructions on how to do it.

Cheers,
Deepak