SELinux alerts concerning tmp_t and mount_tmp_t

Henrique Koesjan hkoesjan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 16:13:07 UTC 2009

I have lots of SELinux alerts like this one:

SELinux denied access requested by abrtd. /var/tmp may be a mislabeled. /var/tmp
default SELinux type is tmp_t, but its current type is mount_tmp_t. Changing
this file back to the default type, may fix your problem.

Daniel J Walsh solve the trouble for me using this command:
chcon -R -t tmp_t /var/tmp

but every time I started my computer the trouble is back:
I remember having add these lines to /etc/fstab:

#### RAM Drives ####
tmp     /tmp      tmpfs rw,mode=1777,fscontext=system_u:object_r:tmp_t:s0 0 0
vartmp  /var/tmp  tmpfs rw,mode=1777,fscontext=system_u:object_r:tmp_t:s0 0 0

Is this the reason for the SELinux messages? What am I doing wrong?
/etc/fstab below:

#
# /etc/fstab
# Created by anaconda on Fri Sep  4 15:07:21 2009
#
# Accessible filesystems, by reference, are maintained under '/dev/disk'
# See man pages fstab(5), findfs(8), mount(8) and/or vol_id(8) for more info
#
UUID=6b65d7c7-ba0d-45ed-8632-14f93fe898ec /boot                   ext3
   defaults        1 2
/dev/mapper/vg_henrique-lv_root /                       ext4
defaults        1 1
/dev/mapper/vg_henrique-lv_swap swap                    swap
defaults        0 0
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620
       0 0
#devpts options modified by setup update to fix #515521 ugly way
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0