F12 and system-config-display on nvidia fx5200

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Wed Dec 2 16:26:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

In previous Fedora versions I was successfully using kmod-nvidia-173xx
(from rpmfusion-nfree) together with my fx5200 video card. When first
installing F12, the nouveau driver was installed for graphics, and no
kmod-nvidia-173xx was available.

In the meantime kmod-nvidia-173xx became available, and after
downloading and installing it I wanted to configure my video card with
system-config-display, which fails each time I try to run (see bugzilla,
there are a lot of bug reports for system-config-display in F12).

Question: is there another way than the usage of system-config-display
for configuring my video card for the nidia-173xx driver?

All hints are welcome.

Kind regards

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>