Fonts Helvetica and symbol ???

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Wed Dec 2 21:35:11 UTC 2009

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Reg Clemens <reg at dwf.com> wrote:
> > I am building an old program and it wants the fonts
> >        helvetica10
> >        helvetica14
> >      and      symbol12
> >
> > looking at the list from 'yum list all' there seem to be about a billion font
> > packages,- does anyone know which might provide these fonts???
> >
> > I can use something similar, for helvetica, but would then have to worry about
> > the content of the Symbol font.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Would this[1] work around your problem?
>
> Richard
>
> [1] http://bb.cactii.net/archives/000170.php

Humm, I tried that, I made the file .fonts.conf, and put the lines

<match target="pattern" >
  <test name="family" qual="any" >
   <string>Helvetica</string>
  </test>
  <edit mode="assign" name="family" >
   <string>Nimbus Sans</string>
  </edit>
 </match>

in it, but this didn't seem to change anything.
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com