Assistance finding out what process is writing to the disk drive

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Thu Dec 3 14:30:40 UTC 2009

Thanks for the IOTOP command.  It does not show me much in this case.  I
do not know what is causing the disk drive light to stay on now. The
disk drive light works fine until about 5 minutes after boot up.  then
the hard drive light goes crazy and stays on solid.  I can not really
tell if the the hard drive is really in use but according to IOTOP it is
not being used.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4657 (20091203) __________

http://www.eset.com