provider for google calendar

oleksandr korneta atenrok at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 06:31:38 UTC 2009

on 12/03/2009 08:15 PM Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> On 12/03/2009 07:30 PM, suvayu ali wrote:
>> 2009/12/3 oleksandr korneta<atenrok at gmail.com>:
>>> so I'm  on Fedora 12, 64bit. It was an unpleasant surprise to find out that
>>> that some extensions for thunderbird from mozilla's website cannot be
>>> installed because of 64bit architecture (wtf? is this opensource or what?).
>>> Yes I'm talking about lightning calendar extension. Anyway, turns out some
>>> good people did package it and put in repository. But it is useless for me
>>> without the Provider  for google calendar. And this one is not packaged and
>>> cannot be instaled from mozilla's website. So, does anybody have similar
>>> problem/has a solution? Maybe someone can point me to some "how to recompile
>>> Provider for google calendar" blog article?
>>>

>> I use both lightning and google calendars on Fedora 11 x86_64. Please
>> check before you curse. Right now I'm at work, I 'll post back with
>> the packages you need to install when I am home. Maybe someone will
>> post that information before I return from work.
>>
>> GL
>
> I got my last F11 copy (that I've needed) from:
>
>> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/calendar/lightning/nightly/latest-comm-1.9.1/linux-xpi/gdata-provider.xpi
thanks Kevin. At least I was able to install this one without problems.
However it still does not work. It stays grayed out in add-ons list and
says "Requires additional items." in Thunderbird Add-ons window. Now I'm
really curious what is this additional item I'm missing

> and that was last August!
>
> F11 is currently running thunderbird-3.0-2.8.b4.fc11.x86_64
>
> You can get the lightning RPM from the RPMFusion repo.

   that is exactly where I got it from, now I'm looking for provider.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

I'm running F12 x86_64 and F10 on x86_64 hardware, should this matter.

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./