provider for google calendar

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 10:20:20 UTC 2009

Hello Oleksandr,

On Thursday 03 December 2009 04:30 PM, suvayu ali wrote:
> 2009/12/3 oleksandr korneta<atenrok at gmail.com>:
>> Yes I'm talking about lightning calendar extension. Anyway, turns out some
>> good people did package it and put in repository. But it is useless for me
>> without the Provider  for google calendar. And this one is not packaged and
>> cannot be instaled from mozilla's website. So, does anybody have similar
>
> I use both lightning and google calendars on Fedora 11 x86_64. Please
> check before you curse. Right now I'm at work, I 'll post back with
> the packages you need to install when I am home. Maybe someone will
> post that information before I return from work.

I think there is some other problem with your installation. The
thunderbird-lightning package for Fedora includes Google Calendar
support. You don't have to install anything extra as you can see in the
quoted output below.

> 02:14|jallad at bhishma:~>rpm -ql thunderbird-lightning |grep -i google
> /usr/lib64/thunderbird-lightning-gdata/components/calGoogleCalendarModule.js
> /usr/lib64/thunderbird-lightning-gdata/js/calGoogleCalendar.js
> /usr/lib64/thunderbird-lightning-gdata/js/calGoogleRequest.js
> /usr/lib64/thunderbird-lightning-gdata/js/calGoogleSession.js
> /usr/lib64/thunderbird-lightning-gdata/js/calGoogleUtils.js

This is with
thunderbird-3.0-2.8.b4.fc11.x86_64
thunderbird-lightning-1.0-0.8.20090715hg.fc11.x86_64

Hopefully this will help you find the real problem.

GL
--
Suvayu