FEL request: opencores and user demos

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 20:59:04 UTC 2009

Hello there,

As many of you already know that the FEL[1] team wants to ensure that
opensource tools can be used for the real life, we would appreciate
some help in terms of such documentation.

If you are familiar with tools like iverilog and ghdl, you can help us
show the world what opensource EDA tools and opensource design flows
can achieve. I welcome you to take one of the _completed_ opencores[2]
projects and try to simulate it with ghdl or iverilog. Detail your
procedures on

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-electronic-lab/wiki/Demos/opencores/CHOSENPROJECT
You can also upload your screenshots to that wiki page. To edit on
that wiki page, please login with your FAS[4] username.

However if you encounter a bug with ghdl or iverilog during that
process, please file a bug to [3].

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-electronic-lab/wiki/Demos/opencores

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards:

Chitlesh Goorah
on the behalf of the Fedora Electronic Lab team

Other interesting urls which might interest you:
* Openmoko hardware development on Fedora:
http://chitlesh.wordpress.com/2009/10/07/openmoko-hardware-development-on-fedora/
* Gallery http://publictest6.fedoraproject.org/gallery2/main.php

[1]: website: http://spins.fedoraproject.org/fel/
[2]: http://opencores.com/